Sign in / Register

4th March 2013
Kenwood House Concerts Relaunched

Picnic and pop concerts to return this summer

Rouge Events are delighted to announce that they have been appointed by English Heritage to produce and promote the newly relaunched Kenwood House Concerts.

The concerts took a break in 2012 while English Heritage looked to appoint new event organisers and will be back for two weeks from the end of August this year.

Rouge director Nathan Homan said “We are absolutely delighted to have been awarded the opportunity to produce the Kenwood House Concerts for the next three years.

“Our mission now is to programme innovative exciting performances for both classical and popular music and we will be announcing details of the line up and how to book very soon.”

Also, after speaking to English Heritage about what matters to local residents Rouge have moved the performances to take place over two three-day weekends, as opposed to the previous format which saw the concerts run every Saturday for four weeks over the summer.
 
Alex Sydney, Head of Historic Properties in London for English Heritage, said: “We are delighted to be bringing the picnic concerts back to Kenwood this summer. Last year’s break allowed us to think about how the concerts can be done differently. Running them over two weekends and not four will mean that we can keep any disturbance to a minimum. We’ll announce the acts soon but there will be something for everyone, including families and lovers of classical music.
This year will be an exciting one for Kenwood. The concerts are returning in the summer and then later in the year, the House will reopen – repaired, restored and refreshed.”

To sign up for the Kenwood House Picnic Concerts newsletter and be the first to know about line up and booking details go to www.kenwoodhouseconcerts.com

Back to News

Rouge live Rouge venues